The two most important things to know are:
1. You can't attend unless you pay in advance
Registration is complete upon payment only: you can't just show up. If you don't see your email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the PayPal information in it, check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, I can resend it. If you have trouble paying, let me know and I can send you an alternate payment method.
2. Let us know if you can't make it
If you've paid, but can't make it, no matter how late you give us notice, we can often sell your place to someone on a waiting list so you can get a refund or use your payment for another event or course.
If you don't show up, we can lose money. You can't just "carry forward" your payment to another event. We have to pay all the costs for the event you didn't show up for.
But: We’re most interested in making it easy for you to get great training so that students serious about voiceover can get whatever they need to get a great start in this industry.
Some of our events would lose money if even as few as two people failed to pay as promised. That’s because we usually offer great discounts to keep your costs ridiculously low.
Legally, event companies are obligated to provide the event as promised, so that registrations/tickets to the event have value.
So just as large events often have people who sell unused tickets to others, if you can’t attend an event you’ve paid for, it’s good if you can help us find someone to attend in your place. Generally that just means letting us know in advance if you can’t attend.
So our responsibility is put on a great event, and your responsibility is to show up, and if you can’t, to help us give your reserved spot—your “ticket”—to someone else.
If you contact us about registering for an event, we will reply with information and payment options.
- Registration is complete upon payment. If you ask to attend but don’t pay, you have no reservation.
- We will usually try to contact you if you have said you will be making payment and we haven’t received it (before we accept someone else’s reservation payment) for a sold-out event.
- If the event you asked to attend but didn’t pay for sells out, your spot will go to the next person who registers by paying.
If you don't see your email from email@example.com with the PayPal information in it, check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, I can resend it. If you have trouble paying, let me know and I can send you an alternate payment method.
Get A Maximum Refund or Credit Regardless of Why You Have To Cancel
Acceptable notice is at least 4 days notice (96 hours) in advance.
- If you realize at the last minute that you cannot attend an event, call or text to 612-836-8869 right away to let us know and say who you are and what you are attending.
- It’s better NOT to use email, postal mail or asking a friend to let us know or any other methods, because if you give notice by some other method it doesn’t count unless you receive a reply back from us.
If you give notice but it’s not clear who you are or what event you’re talking about, it doesn’t also doesn’t count as notice.
It's always best to be clear about who you are, what event you’re talking about, and call or text 612-836-8869 instead of contacting us by any other method
Missing Part of Multi-Session Event or Services
- If you miss part of a multi-session event or service such as the Essentials of Voiceover or Professional development series, we will try to give you some additional time on mic in the next class you can attend.
- If you miss more than one part of a multi-session event, we will also put you on a waiting list in case there is make-up time in future classes that you can attend.
- If you cancel with less than 4 days advance notice before the next class, you the option of up to a 100% credit, or up to a 75% refund by check of the value of the remaining classes.
While we cannot guarantee that there will ever be make-up time available, we almost always can get it for you..
Generally, if you schedule time as part of a paid service, class or event, and need additional time because you fail to show up or show up insufficiently prepared, you have to pay for any additional session(s) that you may wish to have.
Refunds and Credits
Our Policy Is To Make Sure You Have a Great Experience
- You can choose to receive credit, or a refund. Credits are dollars that you can apply towards the price of most future events or services. (See “Using Credits.”)
- We will round the amount of any credit or refund up to the next dollar in your favor.
- Even though the law says that if we provide the event as promised and you don’t show up you forfeit what you paid, we are happy to consider giving you a refund or credit (depending on your preference) if you’ve given us sufficient advance notice.
Please always let us know if you can’t make it.
We have people who show up hoping for a spot, and waiting list people who will drop everything in order to attend.
Amount of Refund or Credit
- If you give sufficient advance notice (see cancellation policy) and/or we find someone to take your place, we will give you the option of up to a 100% credit, or up to a 75% refund by check.
- If you give late notice for a single session event and we can NOT find someone to take your place, we will give you the option of up to a 70% credit, or up to a 55% refund by check.
Single-session events are often scheduled as soon as the minimum number of attendees show an interest. So they require more notice because cancellations are more likely to result in not enough attendees.
If you have a credit you wish to use to attend a future event, let us know.
- We'll consider your call wishing to use the credit for a future event as a reservation, and we’ll let you know, if any, how much credit you have left over or how much additional you owe.
- Once you let us know of your intention to attend an event, you are again obligated to give us notice if you can’t attend. (If you give us insufficient notice and we cannot find someone to take your place, you risk by law losing all or some of your credit.)